- Schedules and conducts initial assessments of consumers to determine if they meet criteria for enrollment into the program.
- Advises referral source if the consumer doesn’t meet criteria.
- Refers consumer to higher or lower continuum of care, if needed.
- Assesses the consumers’ interests and skill levels.
- Schedules consumers for appropriate activities according to program standards and consumers’ treatment needs.
- Maintains accurate schedule of Rehab Day Treatment activities.
- Plans and develops activities according to the consumers’ rehabilitation needs.
- Implements planned activities.
- Provides ongoing monitoring and interaction with consumers.
- Teaches consumers on a daily basis in both formal and informal settings.
- Maintains enrollment of consumers in Rehab Day Treatment Program (RDP).
- Completes bi-weekly RDP notes
- Ensures Behavioral Aides’ documentation meets standards.
- Approves/Disproves bi-weekly notes submitted by Behavioral Aides.
- Maintains signature logs for both daily attendance and transportation.
- Coordinates transportation needs with the driver of the van for each consumer.
Maintains accurate transportation list.
- Backs up the van driver for RDP consumer pick up/drop off.
- Conducts assessments of consumers to determine if discharge from the program is appropriate.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation.
- Effectively collaborates with the treatment team members and outside sources to ensure quality care for consumers.
- Effectively demonstrates the application of adult specific competencies.
Supervision and consultation
- Seeks clinical supervision and consultation as needed.
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement.
- Actively works to enhance skills.
Clinical record keeping
Documents in a timely fashion per Alta Pointe policy.
Documents appropriate, complete, and comprehensive educational and activity needs.
Documents in a clear and concise manner, types of consumer problems, treatment goals addressed, services provided, and consumer progress.
Courteous and respectful attitudes towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion.
- Respects consumers’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others.
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed.
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others.
- Is sensitive to the consumers’ needs, expectations and individual differences.
- Is gentle and calm to consumers and families.
Administrative and other related duties as assigned
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in Alta Pointe committees as required.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Accesses appropriate community resources according to consumer needs.
- Follows Alta Pointe policies and procedures.
- Attends appropriate in-services training and other workshops.