Physical Requirements of the Job:
- There is frequent standing while getting files, paperwork, and handing out medication.
- Sitting is frequent by nature and up to 5-10 minutes; however, extended sitting could be up to 1.5 to 3 hours for documentation.
- Walking various distances on grounds can be frequent and up to 300 feet to dispense medication.
- Squatting and/or lunging frequently to stock supplies and retrieve needed material from file cabinets and book shelves.
- Strong grasp is needed to handle large carts while retrieving files from the Zeigler Outpatient building and lighter grasp is needed for stocking supplies which requires a force exertion of up to 10 pounds.
- Fine manipulation for writing, handling paperwork, and dispensing medications
- Pushing and/or pulling force up to 1-5 pounds force, horizontally, to open file cabinets and place binders on book shelves.
- Lifting various ranges from the floor to overhead with weights up to 1-5 pounds frequently.
- Must lift 40-50lbs floor to waist occasionally to frequent.
Primary Job Functions:
- Coordinates and implements nursing care for residents of Adult Residential Services.
- Completes the assessment/admission process for individuals including: Nursing assessment and care, Medical Checklist/Physical Health/Nutritional screening, Chartmeds/MAR, AIMS, TB skin testing, vital signs, and other assessments as applicable for residents of designated programs
- Documents acute health changes in the medical record to provide a clear picture of the course of illness or injury
- Creates nursing care plans based on residents’ identified needs
- Evaluates and updates nursing care plans at frequent intervals as indicated or based on changes in residents’ status.
- Observes residents behavior, interacts with residents, and evaluates needs to ensure that proper information is reported to treatment team.
- Identifies psychiatric and medical needs and communicates effectively with providers to include completion of medical consultations and reconciling any orders.
- Scheduling medical/dental/vision appointments for residents of designated programs
- Send requests for medication refills to appropriate community providers for residents of designated programs
- Interfaces with the multi-disciplinary treatment team and actively and cooperatively participates in development of the treatment plan
- Monitors laboratory results and performs CLIA waived testing as applicable, and reports findings to the Provider
- Ensures medical supplies are available and stocked for designated programs
- Manages incident files in RL for designated programs to ensure policy and protocol is followed.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation, including providing emergency care as needed (CPR, MindSet, PRN Medications).
- Ongoing compliance with Nurse Delegation Program, including recertification requirements, taking MAS call, and conducting MAC worker check off and remediation.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervision and Consultation:
- Seeks clinical supervision and consultation needs
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance clinical skills
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings
Clinical Record Keeping:
- Documents in a timely fashion per AltaPointe policy
- Documents in a clear, concise manner nursing services provided to the resident and general observations
- Documentation shows that forms, logs, and other applicable written information are completed accurately and updated when appropriate
- Maintains productivity standard for services provided
Courteous and respectful attitudes towards residents, visitors and co-workers:
- Treats residents with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects residents privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assists residents and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the residents’ needs, expectations an individual differences
- Is gentle and calm with residents and families
Administrative and Other related duties as Assigned:
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Accesses appropriate community resources according to residents’ needs
- Complies with AltaPointe Policy & Procedures in a timely manner
- Maintains current state license and requirements for renewals (i.e. CEU’s), and attends the required in-services and workshops