Qualified candidates will possess a current RN license to practice in the state of Alabama. Candidates must also have knowledge in adult psychiatric care and/or substance abuse/addictions, outlined below, to be attained within six (6) months of employment:
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders in the adult and child/adolescent population.
- Knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing care.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology especially those terms associated with adult and/or child/adolescent psychiatric care and /or substance abuse.
- Familiarity of psychopharmacology and the use of psychotropic medications with the adult and/or child/adolescent and/or substance abuse population
- Knowledge of behavior management, crisis intervention, and interventions common to acute psychotic consumers and/or consumers with addictive disease as well as to non-violent crisis intervention practice.
- Knowledge of educational methods appropriate to adults and/or children/adolescents with psychiatric disorders
- Knowledge of cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of psych rehab principles
- Understanding of behavioral, psychological, physical health and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco on the consumer and their significant others
- Basic Teaching and Training skills
In addition for SA programs
- Knowledge of the nature of addictions as a primary illness
- Knowledge of gender specific issues relative to addiction
- Knowledge of Medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance related disorders
- Familiarity of psychopharmacology, psychotropic medications and use of synthetic drugs for recovery
AltaPointe requires that all new employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. AltaPointe allows candidates who are not fully vaccinated at the time of hire a reasonable amount of time to obtain vaccinated status. This position requires vaccination against COVID-19 or, if applicable, an approved accommodation for religious or medical reasons.