Positions Supervised: Benefit Specialists, Accounting Clerks, Accounting Specialist
Direct all aspects of Benefits Management Activities
- Ensure compliance with Social Security Administration regulations.
- Maintain a current knowledge of plans for Medicare, Medicaid, and third party insurers.
- Analyze and facilitate linkage with plans that best meet consumer benefit needs
- Coordinate with Benefit Specialist to address consumer needs
- Enforce established policies and procedures and revise as necessary.
- Conduct two training sessions per year explaining Money Management procedures..
- Communicate with case management supervisor regarding case management duties.
- Assist in streamlining drug purchasing system to more effectively use case management time.
- Act as liaison between Alta Pointe and the Social Security on consumer payee matters.
Ensure proper accounting of consumer funds
- Ensure that adequate controls are present to provide a proper accounting of consumer funds and to prevent misappropriation of consumer funds.
- Ensure that all consumers’ ACH deposits from Social Security are properly accounted for.
- Ensure that consumer’s prepaid cards are loaded on a weekly basis
- Ensure that consumer’s weekly allowances and one-time checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Account for disbursements made to or on behalf of consumers and recoup payment from consumer as funds become available.
- Ensure that Consumer Monthly statements are delivered by the 10th of the month to the consumer for review.
- Ensure consumer Money Management files are maintained and orderly, adhering to Social Security guidelines for all disbursements.
Supervise billing of individual consumer accounts for rent charges at the beginning of the month.
- Ensure accuracy of census utilizing Avatar.
- Correctly calculate rent charges based on established guidelines and post charges in Avatar.
- Print room and board invoices and ensure delivery to consumers.
- Ensure that reasonable efforts are made to collect room and board from responsible parties.
- Post room and board payments to payee consumer accounts in Avatar.
- Post room and board charges to non-payee consumer accounts in Avatar.
- Ensure that all cash payments received is coded to the proper consumer account.
- Prepare Room and Board Accounts Receivable Aging.
- Prepare and distributed non-payee Room and Board Monthly statements for ARS and Alta Pointe apartments by the 8th of the month.
Communicate with relevant staff and/or consumers the status of account balances on a monthly basis.
- Provide staff with Room and Board Accounts Receivable Aging.
- Provide staff with status of other amounts owed AHS by consumers.
- Provide staff with consumer cash balances.
- Provide staff with listing of consumers lacking adequate benefits.
- Run month-end close out procedures.
- Inform accounting clerks, case managers of delinquent balances when warranted.
- Actively pursue a resolution to delinquent accounts.
- Inform supervisor of problem accounts and other difficulties.
Supervision and Consultation
- Seeks supervision and consultation as needed
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance skills
Courteous and respectful towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treat consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respect consumers’ privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assist consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences
- Is gentle and calm with consumers, families and others as appropriate
Administrative and Other Related Duties as assigned:
- Actively participate in Performance Improvement activities
- Actively participate in AHS committees as requested
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Follow AHS policies and procedures
- Receive and respond to inquiries of billing matters promptly and courteously.
- Assist with performance of duties of other staff in periods of absence.
- Perform other duties as assigned.