Primary Job Functions:
- Provides training and education to all AltaPointe staff and other community agencies using Relias Learning and includes MindSet, CPR, First Aid, and other core classes deemed necessary by AltaPointe.
- Serve as a Proctor to provide focused training based on needs identified by AltaPointe programs’ supervisors/leaders.
- Coordinates new hire orientation and re-certification training and education calendar with the HR department
- Works cooperatively with other training staff to ensure a consistent comprehensive training program for AltaPointe staff
- Adheres to training compliance with the AltaPointe policies and procedures and all accrediting and licensing entities (i.e. DMH/ID, The Joint Commission, etc.)
- Utilize electronic database for education and training activities
- Maintains accurate records of education and training attended by each employee utilizing API/EdTrack and Relias Learning to monitor staff education transactions
- Effectively demonstrates the application of education and training competencies outlined above
- Maintain appropriate certifications to conduct training and education.
Performance Improvement Initiatives
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Effectively collaborates with individual program supervisors on training issues and the improvement of consumer care
- Effectively collects and reports monthly employee training data to evaluate performance indicators
Supervision and Consultation
- Seeks supervision and consultation as needed
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance skills
Courteous and respectful attitudes towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects consumers’ privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumers’ needs, expectations and individual differences
- Is gentle and calm with consumers and families
Administrative and Other Related Duties as Assigned
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures
- Attends required in-service training and other workshops.