Assistant Maintenance Engineers are responsible for performing general maintenance in Outpatient Programs, Group Homes, Administration buildings and Hospitals as assigned.
- Responsible for performing general maintenance as assigned for AltaPointe facilities.
- Performs electrical repairs, paints, and replaces broken glass in the building such as windows or doors.
- Performs carpentry work such as sheetrock repair and other skillful tasks.
- Maintains air conditioners, heating and plumbing equipment.
- Performs other maintenance assignments as necessary.
- Properly inspects, services and/or repairs all equipment used during maintenance.
- Advises Facility Manager of needed repairs.
- Seeks supervision daily
- Actively works to enhance skills
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement.
- Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
- Respects consumers’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others.
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Works in a cooperative manner with other AltaPointe employees.
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures.
- Occasionally necessary to crawl, reach above shoulder level, crouch
- Frequently necessary to bend, squat, kneel, balance, push/pull equipment
- Occasionally necessary to climb up to 10+ feet
- Sitting for 2-3 hours and standing / walking for 3-5 hours daily
- Occasionally lift or carry loads up to and including 100 lbs., frequently be required to carry loads up to and including 34 lbs., continuously carry 10 lbs. for extended periods.
- The job requires repetitive movement of both feet. Simple grasping with both hands is necessary. Fine manipulation with both hands is necessary. Firm grasping with both hands is necessary.
- Occasional working on unprotected heights, being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature/humidity, driving automotive equipment, exposure to dust, fumes, and gases.