Oversee the production capability of the business office department
- Plan and control effective practices to reduce and maintain accounts receivable and accelerate cash flow for Inpatient and Outpatient continuum as related to patient financial services
- Implement and monitor compliance to all revenue cycles and departmental specific policies and procedures, ensuring maximum effectiveness
- Analyze production and accounts receivable reports; produce additional reports as required and assign projects to address problem accounts/issues
- Respond to patient or third party inquiries/complaints and determine and initiate appropriate action
- Manage the system to ensure data is accurate and each guarantor is billed appropriately and remitted against in a timely manner to ensure maximum collections
- Ensure billing staff is productive by tracking productivity measures
Actively participate in preparation of monthly financial information and close out process
- Ensure that all charges are closed and account balances have been appropriately worked
- Ensure that the accounts receivable close-out process is performed correctly
- Provide Director of Accounting and Controller with billing results and revenue estimation on monthly basis
- Guarantee that Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Scorecard reports are updated accurately for all clinical departments by appropriate deadlines.
Oversee the credentialing and enrollment of providers with Alabama Department of Mental Health, Medicaid, Medicare, and other third party payers
- Plan and control effective practices to ensure providers are credentialing in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement and monitor compliance within the credentialing department
Communicate with other supervisors and AltaPointe personnel information needed for processing claims.
- Coordinates and implements training efforts in conjunction with the Director of Practice Management to ensure that practice management staff is aware of billing requirements and billing deficiencies.
- Ensure that all staff is aware of problems or changes in the billing cycle.
- Provide billing guidance to AltaPointe personnel as appropriate.
Supervise Provider Enrollment Specialist, Medical Coder Specialist, and Financial Analysts
- Communicate all policy and procedural changes to staff and coordinate these changes with management when necessary
- Responsible for staff performance provide guidance or disciplinary action and conduct counseling sessions
- Provide training, guidance and support to lower level management personnel and other staff members as required
- Serve as a liaison to other departments concerning billing accounts receivable and other departmental and operational issues