Communicates with local Public Schools for consumers being admitted into BayPointe Hospital
- Instructs students individually and in group settings in accordance with identified needs
- Writes and makes available daily/weekly plans so that other staff can provide appropriate instructions to students when the teacher is absent
- Provides hand off communication to Educational Liaison regarding student needs to support positive adjustment by the student following discharge from the facility.
- Completes an educational discharge summary and progress report at time of discharge. This summary will be provided to the Educational Liaison at the time of discharge or no later than 11 am the following day.
- Consults with local school faculty to obtain/provide student information as needed for consumers
- Administers assessment to determine student’s present level of performance in reading and math to acute care consumers upon admission, in order to provide work on their accurate grade performance level.
- Provides consumers with daily work obtained from consumers’ respective schools or from on-site resources; ensures that all work and/or grades are provided to the Educational Liaison upon consumer’s discharge, or no later than 11 am the following day.
- Provides daily documentation of consumer’s attendance and classroom participation and ensures that students sign in the classroom sign in log daily.
- Provides consult to school personnel regarding student needs through conferences, phone contacts, and/or in writing as needed to support positive adjustment by the student following discharge from the facility
- Documents classroom participation and progress daily in the electronic medical record
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Carries out administrative duties in accordance with established schedules and procedures
- Informs supervisor of any needed classroom supplies in a timely manner in order to ensure that classroom is adequately stocked with needed materials at all time.
- Notifies Educational Liaison daily of work received and/or continued need
- Notifies supervisor and Facilitator of Academics of failure to obtain school work from the zoned school within 48 hours of intake
- Maintains an effective professional relationship with all program staff as well as with all external contacts made during the course of fulfilling job related duties
- Appropriately delegates routine task to behavioral staff to assist with classroom needs.
- Ensures that supervisory personnel are adequately informed regarding classroom operations
Courteous and respectful attitude towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects consumer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assist consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences
Administrative and other related duties assigned
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation
- Attends to required in-service training and other workshops