Responsible for performing general purchasing functions for EastPointe Hospital and other AltaPointe facilities when needed.
- Orders maintains and distributes the medical, janitorial, office and linen supplies.
- Maintains EastPointe central supply room; controls inventory and access to inventory.
- Ensures that all purchasing supplies/shipments are received, properly stored and routed to correct areas within the facilities.
- Communicates with Nurse Coordinator, nursing staff and other applicable staff to ensure sufficient supplies are on the units and units are stocked and in compliance with set standards.
- Communicates with Janitorial Service to ensure proper supplies are ordered, available and stocked. Ensures that all spill kits are supplied and stocked.
- Coordinates with facility, vendors, and contractors on status of office machines, copiers/printers, medical equipment and coffee supplies for maintenance and service.
- Escorts contractors and vendors within the hospital.
- Displays a courteous, professional manner when dealing with the consumers, vendors, general public and AltaPointe staff.
- Ensures all orders are properly documented and receipts are attached for audit purposes.
- Receives and files appropriate forms monthly.
- Coordinates requests for shredding and biohazard/medical waste disposals services for the EastPointe facility. This also includes the inventory control of shred containers and biohazard documentation.
- Maintains and stocks adequate supply of first aid kits and emergency supplies as needed/requested.
- Coordinates with remote locations to prevent shortages or complete depletion of supplies when needed.
- Assists in purchasing and distribution of miscellaneous household items as requested.
- Coordinates and properly documents all utility services (Initial and Termination) as needed for the EastPointe facility.
- Runs errands for special needs or purchases not available through normal delivery service when needed.
- Drives company vehicles in accordance with good driving skills obeying traffic laws.
- Assists Couriers when needed.
- Perform and assist with related duties as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Supervision and consultation
- Seeks supervision weekly.
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement.
- Actively works to enhance skills.
Courteous and respectful towards consumers, visitors and co-workers.
- Treats consumers with dignity and respect.
- Respects consumers’ privacy and confidentiality.
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others.
Other related duties as assigned
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Works in a cooperative manner with other AltaPointe employees
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures