- Provides effective clinical assessment of the consumer
- Utilizes assessment data to support a DSMV substance abuse and mental health diagnosis
- Formulates appropriate treatment plan along with consumer
- Provides individual, group, and family therapy, utilizing basic therapeutic models and theories according to consumer needs as stated in the treatment plan
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize the elements of a crisis state and knows how to deescalate or resolve the situation
- Effectively collaborates with the treatment team members and outside sources in the delivery of clinical services
- Evaluates the consumer for discharge planning
- Adheres to professional code of ethics
- Effectively demonstrates the application of substance abuse specific competencies
- Provides HIV/AIDS education, counseling, and testing when necessary
- Conducts random observed UA’s of same sex consumers
Supervision and Consultation:
- Seeks clinical supervision and consultation as needed
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance clinical skills
Clinical Record Keeping:
- Documents in a timely fashion per AltaPointe policy
- Documents appropriate, complete, and clinically comprehensive mental health assessments
- Documents measurable and specific goals in the treatment plan
- Documents in a clear and concise manner, types of consumer problems, treatment goals addressed, services, and techniques used
- Documents case disposition, case closings, follow-up and referrals
Case Load Management:
- Effectively manages caseload based on consumer needs
- Meets AltaPointe productivity standards
Courteous and respectful towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects consumer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences
- Is gentle and calm to consumers and families
Administrative and Other Related Duties as Assigned:
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required.
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Accesses appropriate community resources according to consumer needs.
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures.
- Maintains current license and requirements for renewals (i.e. CEU's), if applicable, and attends regular workshops and in-services.