- Interprets and evaluates prescription orders entered by medical staff.
- Prepares and dispenses medication to AltaPointe consumers according to physician prescriptions
- Keeps records of medication and consumer profiles.
- Proficient use of pharmacy software systems.
- Works with nursing staff to ensure medication orders for the consumers are filled accurately and efficiently.
- Ensures pharmacy operates in compliance with the Alabama State Board of Pharmacy, and other regulatory and certification bodies.
- Provides consultation to consumers and staff.
- Performs administrative duties related to the pharmacy and pharmacy technicians.
- Maintain the security of the pharmacy and its contents.
Supervision and Consultation
- Seeks supervision and consultation as needed
- Accepts and employs suggestions for improvement
- Actively works to enhance skills
- Documents in a timely fashion and per AltaPointe policy
- Documentation shows that forms, notes, logs and other applicable written information are completed promptly, accurately and updated when appropriate
- Documents legibly
Courteous and respectful attitudes towards consumers, visitors and co-workers
- Treats consumers with care, dignity and compassion
- Respects consumer’s privacy and confidentiality
- Is pleasant and cooperative with others
- Assists consumers and visitors as needed
- Personal values don’t inhibit ability to relate and care for others
- Is sensitive to the consumer’s needs, expectations and individual differences
- Is gentle and calm with consumers and families
Administrative and Other Related Duties as Assigned
- Actively participates in Performance Improvement activities
- Actively participates in AltaPointe committees as required
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Follows AltaPointe policies and procedures
- Attends to required in-service training and other workshops