Master degree in a mental health discipline with at least two years of postmaster experience
Case management certification is required within 6 months of employment
- There is frequent standing, sitting, and walking which are in bursts of 5 to 10 minutes. However, there are times when this can be extended to pacing with the consumer (time could be undetermined), and at times sitting and standing can be extended with the employee having the ability to change positions as permitted by the observance and behavior of the consumer at that time.
- There is occasional forward bending from the hips while kneeling to reach to the side.
- There is an occasional need to be able to assume a full squat/lunge from a standing position.
- There is an occasional need to maintain back extension while being on stomach with one’s own body weight on hips and legs. This position is maintained for several minutes.
- Occasionally, be able to put one’s own body weight on one knee and one elbow on the same side of one’s body.
- Occasionally, be able to kneel and reach to same side toward the floor.
- Lift up to 15 pounds from the floor to various levels, including from floor to overhead occasionally during shift.
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds to assist in activities of daily living, as required. Be able to lift up to 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Strong grasp is needed to use keys to open doors throughout the facility, and to maintain constant contact with a consumer during a restraint procedure or with other hold techniques.
- Pushing/pulling force up to 25 pounds occasionally during shift.
- At times, be able to ambulate in a quick manner (jog/run) for distances up to 50 feet.
- Carrying up to 15 pounds various distances throughout the facility.
- Occasional step ladder climbing to retrieve medical records that are on higher shelves.
- Fine manipulation/dexterity to handle medical records and complete documentation.
- At times therapy may be inside or outside the facility; therefore, some activities will dictate physical requirements for playing or games.